Saturday, July 28, 2012

"Mists of Pandaria" Release Date Announced

And my wallet spontaneously opens.

I can't help it. I'm excited. I had an account continuously running for 4 years. I remember the horrors of Molten Core, stepping through the Dark Portal for the first time, defeating the Lich King. All on the same Retribution Paladin I rolled on day one. But after I hit 85 in Cataclysm it just couldn't hold my attention. But now its back - and my bank account groans with anticipation (not the good kind.)

My last year in the game I spent most of my time working on machinima projects (films made using in-game resources) and was even a runner-up in one of Blizzard's own contests. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KdWRcYYOks

But a new job stifled available playtime, so I traded some digital reality for an altered one. But now I have time again... and there's a new expansion.

The monk represents everything I hoped the Paladin class would become in the World of Warcraft, a hard hitting follower of the light who takes crap from no one but is a judicious soul at the core. Ret. Paladins currently play like rogues... except worse, if I wanted a rogue I would have rolled one. But this new "Monk" offers a glimpse of a brave new future.

One where I hit things to heal them.

 Blizzard, there was a $15 a month hole in my heart without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment